Monday, April 30, 2007

Spring Fever

I have Spring Fever with headache, earache, runny nose, cough, sore throat...even my eyes hurt. My mouth is sore so I've been subsisting on soft easy to eat foods which have given me a case of Rumble Tummy. My Rumble Tummy includes indigestion, gas, the need to answer fast and furious nature calls, and of course the watery pharts! Having a bad coughing spell with a case of Rumble Tummy...not good!

*Got my broken PC back home last week. Not happy with it just yet. Got to cram a couple GBs memory in to get it going.

*'bout the only thing working right around here is the POO. He keeps leading me to my bed and jumps up on it and invites me to have a nap. A nap is about as long as I can sleep at the moment. He is keeping me on schedule with my meds and eating. I can't think of anything to ease my suffering but to Pray and be patient.

*Simple eats tonight.Egg Salad:
Boil some eggs. I don't care how many. That is your business.
Do whatever it takes to get them cooled enough to remove the shells.
I have a set of nesting bowls with round bottoms. Yes, they are "Nesting" but they have been here for years and haven't laid an egg or hatched anything yet.
The round bottom and high side help keep the eggs in the bowl when I use my handy-dandy pastry cutter---Pastry cutter, that thing with a handle on top and wires, or in my case blades, on the bottom. If you don't have something like that then you can just use a fork to hold the egg and mash it with another fork.
Or just throw the whole batch in the food processor bowl and let 'er rip.

Once the eggs are chopped you need to make some personal decisions.
I only use salt, pepper and just enough mayo to make a paste.
You can add sweet or sour pickles, onions, fresh peppers, celery, any spice or herb you like.
You can add hot sauce or go for the imitation seafood taste with a little ketchup.
I usually leave out the salt when I plan to eat it with crackers.
The POO and I never have leftovers.

No comments: